Because your privacy is important to us, HyperCharts ("HyperCharts") operates by the following principles:
HyperCharts explicitly asks when it needs information that personally identifies you ("personal information"). You may update this information at any time by sending an email to and requesting that a change be made or requesting to view the information we have on file for your account. See the below "How do I correct or change personal information that I give to HyperCharts" for more details. This information is only used to either set-up or maintain your HyperCharts account and/or to return email or otherwise contact anyone who contacts us with feedback or a request for more information.
HyperCharts keeps all of your personal information private and does not share it with any third parties. HyperCharts will not disclose your personal information unless acting under a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of HyperCharts; (3) enforce the HyperCharts Terms of Service and/or bill for services provided; or (4) act to protect the interests of its members or others.
HyperCharts will not send you any unsolicited information, including email, except as mentioned below. New users will receive a HyperCharts welcome letter explaining the features provided by the service. Under exigent circumstances, HyperCharts may be required to send you information about the service or your account, but HyperCharts will not send you unsolicited email regarding any commercial offers or advertisements at any time.
If at any time you believe that HyperCharts has not adhered to these principles, please notify us by email at and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.
If you have questions about this policy, please email us at .
For more information about our privacy policies, see the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)...
What types of information does HyperCharts collect?
HyperCharts requires certain information from persons who wish to join the HyperCharts service, such as billing information and demographic details like address and practice information. This information is necessary for two reasons: 1) we need to know what account or credit card to bill for the service, and 2) we need to know who is using our service at any time and need to use that information to place on printable forms generated by the system for the physician members (for example, prescription or referral forms).
Does HyperCharts collect other forms of information about its users?
In addition to the use of personal information to operate the site, HyperCharts also gathers anonymous information, which may be used by HyperCharts or shared with its advertisers. This is information which does not personally identify you, but which may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. Generally, this information is collected through "traffic data" and may entail the use of "Cookies" "IP addresses" or other numeric codes used to identify a computer.
How do I correct or change personal information that I have give to HyperCharts?
You may view and or update this information at any time by sending an email request to . Please make sure to explicitly state what information you wish to change or whether you merely wish to view the totality of our personal information about you that we have on file.
Before making any changes, we reserve the right to verify that you are authorized to make the account information change. This may include sending an email or making a phone call to the person with the account and verifying their identity (for example, asking for the account password or other information only the account holder would know).
What specific steps does HyperCharts take to ensure the security of medical and personal data stored on your site?
- In order to access any non-demo portions of the HyperCharts service website, persons must signup for an account. Those who do not have an account with HyperCharts will not be able to access any of the actual patient data submitted by physicians, and those with accounts may only access the data that they submitted or that they have been specifically authorized to access by the physician in charge of that patient's records. We require certain billing and demographic information to setup and bill for such accounts, and refusing to fill out the fields on the signup form will render you unable to acquire an account. Such users will only be able to access the public demonstration version of our services for evaluation purposes.
- The physical location where the data servers are kept is fully secured under lock and key and with a sophisticated alarm system. The alarm system emails reports daily to a system administrator letting us know who armed or unarmed the alarms and at what time, and a log of these is kept for later reference.
- All traffic between web browsers and our Internet servers where confidential information may be passed are sent via using SSL v3 - TLS v1 encryption at either 40 or 128-bit strength, depending on the version of web browser being used. At no time is confidential personal or medical information send over the Internet in clear text.
- The Internet-connected servers used at HyperCharts are positioned behind firewalling software that only allows traffic that has been specifically designated as authorized. Any attempts to connect by unauthorized traffic is rejected and the attempt is logged. These logs are emailed daily to our system administrators for their scrutiny to determine any attack attempts.
- Any Internet-connected servers have been locked down as tightly as possible, with only necessary network services running on them and only the minimal amount of accounts needed with only the minimal amount of machine privileges necessary. Whenever any security issues are made public that may impact us, we immediately apply any security patches made available as soon as possible. In addition, we monitor several international security email lists daily to keep up with any emerging exploits being used against servers and take whatever action is necessary to harden our servers against such attacks. We take the security of the HyperCharts databases very seriously and will prosecute any attackers to the fullest extent of the law.
- Daily backups are performed on all the HyperCharts data and web servers and those backup tapes are taken off-site in case of catastrophic emergency at the HyperCharts data center. In the event of such an emergency, the medical data and account information could be restored onto a backup server to allow HyperCharts access to continue unimpeded with minimal downtime. We have many years of experience keeping enterprise-level databases running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with backup plans in case of emergencies, and we have utilized that experience in planning every detail of the HyperCharts data center's procedures.
[ Copyright 2001, 2002 HyperSoft, Inc. | Privacy Statement | Terms of Service ]